Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Prizes Announced!

"Knowledge without wisdom is a load of books on the back of an ass." (Japanese proverb)

"Life without endeavor is like entering a jewel-mine and coming out with empty hands." (Japanese proverb)

"An accomplishment sticks to a person," (Japanese proverb) and so without further ado:



Prize #1: Asleep by Banana Yoshimoto (donated by Terri B.) goes to Nymeth!



Prize #2: Coin Locker Babies goes to Chris at Stuff as Dreams Are Made On!



Prize #3: "The Wave" notebook, set of cards, and froggie origami goes to Iliana!



Prize #4: two CDs of Japanese music go to Tanabata!



Prize #5: All She Was Worth and Crossfire go to Dream Queen!


Prize #6: Hear The Wind Sing, and a matching button, go to The Holistic Knitter!

Prize #7: the Japanese cookbook, and a dish with a Japanese Maple leaf, go to Terri B!


Prize #8: The DHC catalogue, with accompanying samples and olive soap, go to Madeleine!



Prize #9: Tanabata's lovely Japanese calendar goes to Raidergirl 3!
and that leaves us with Carl V., Mee, and 3M who, as yet prize-less during the challenge, will be rewarded with a small token of my appreciation.

If all of you will email me your address at: bellezza.mjs@gmail.com, I will send your prizes off in the next week. Thank you, thank you for joining me in the Japanese Literature Challenge 2.

And, for the rest of you, mark your calendars for the JLC3 beginning this July!

5 comments:

Lynda said...

Thank you so much - I've been wanting to read Hear the wind sing.
Many thanks for hosting.
I've mentioned the prize and jlc3 on my book blog ;0)
http://lyndasbookblog.blogspot.com

Madeleine said...

Thank-you so much, I had my eye on this gift :) I will be participating for the 3d year.

I will also mention jlc3 and your lovely gift on my blog

Thank-you again Meredith :D

Terri B. said...

Thank you! I look forward to cooking my first Japanese dish :o)

Thank you so much for being such an amazing challenge hostess. I'm already lining my books up in anticipation of Challenge 3 in July!

mee said...

Congrats everyone! Thanks Bellezza for being such a wonderful host. I'm looking forward to joining the next Jap Lit Challenge.

~Mee

Phirna Kotrun said...

One hell of a prize pool.

Hunger Games Summary